Blueberry extract is a natural ingredient obtained from the Vaccinium Corymbosum fruit, originating from the mountainous regions of the United States and southern Canada, and then spreading to Asia, Europe and Australia.
In medicine, blueberry has been shown to have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, diabetic, digestive, and cardiovascular benefits.
Fruit composition rich in tannins, anthocyanins, ellagic acid, resveratrol, carotenoids, vitamins A, C, E, … bring many benefits in restoring and improving skin beauty:
- Promotes cell regeneration thanks to the vitamins A and C in the composition. Besides, the extract helps improve the structure and evenly tone the skin.
- Neutralizes harmful free radicals (thanks to vitamin C, anthocyanin and reveratrol), reduces UV damage from sunlight and prevents premature aging.
- Filling wrinkles and improving skin elasticity by increasing collagen production (vitamin C).
- Enhances moisture, helps skin smooth (vitamin E).
- Soothes and relieves irritated skin, thanks to the action of antioxidant components, reduces NO, interleukin, TNF-α levels.