Synonyms: GHK-Cu, Copper Peptide
Properties of GHK-Cu:
- GHK-Cu is a copper-peptide complex found naturally in body fluids (plasma, saliva, urine). The phrase “GHK” is the abbreviation of 3 peptides named glycine, histidine, lysine, Cu (copper) is one of the essential elements for human. This combination makes the complex GHK-Cu.
- It has unique wound healing properties by stimulating the breakdown of unhealthy or too large collagen in scar tissue, then stimulating healthy collagen production.
- It stimulates the production of several important ingredients (collagen, elastin and glycosaminoglycans). With collagen production stimulation, GHK-Cu archives promising results which is higher than vitamin C and tretinoin.
- It has significant anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, stimulates the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase and prevents the release of oxidation-promoting iron.
- There are a few promising studies showing GHK-Cu can improve skin elasticity, clarity, firmness and reduce lines or wrinkles.
- It can improve hair growth by enlarging hair follicles (bigger follicles produce longer, thicker hair).